Surrounded by concrete Jungle, hardly are we exposed to the sunshine. We prefer staying indoors or drive in a car to escape from the pollution. Do we realize that we are missing out the precious Sun exposure? As per reports, the percentage of people deficient of Vitamin D is increasing year by year.
As the natural sunlight hits the skin it triggers the body’s production of vitamin D. Listed below are numerous benefits that one can reap from sunlight.
- Sunshine stimulates your immune systems and Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- It helps lower blood pressure. The nitric oxide stored at the top layer of the skin reacts to the sunlight and causes blood vessels to widen as the oxide tries to moves into the bloodstream.
- Sunlight has a huge impact on depression, sleep quality and seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- The sunshine can fight skin diseases by attracting immune cells to the skin surface.
- Beneficial to eyesight , it has a curative effect upon the eyes.
- Results in strong and healthy bones as vitamin D helps our body to better absorb calcium.
Plan for a little sunshine at least 10-15 minutes daily, it can even promote weight loss. Start your day with brisk walking, yoga or exercise during your exposure to the sun. Most importantly it increases the mood and refreshes our mind and body.
Health is in your hands, make little changes to your lifestyle for better living.