Getting into a perfect job at an MNC or a well established company is a dream of every young graduate. If you are searching on how to crack an interview, you have landed on the right article.
Here are a few tips for you:
Preparation for the interview starts right from the moment you receive a call letter. Check the following:
- Date of Interview
- Time of Interview/Reporting Time
- Place of Interview
- Distance from the place where you live
- Traffic conditions and plan when you should start.
- Check the checklist of documents they have asked you to carry – Prepare a file of all those documents and keep it ready before you start for the interview.
- Keep few extra copies to be on a safer side.
It is always better to be at the interview venue 15 mins ahead of your interview/reporting time.
MEN: It is always preferred to wear light colour shirt and dark trousers. Make sure you are wearing Business formals and not casuals.
WOMEN: Neatly starched and ironed chudidhar, preferably a cotton one.
P.S: Many people who turn up for the interviews think appearance doesn’t matter when you have the technology knowledge. But don’t forget, First Impression makes the Best Impression.
- Look around to see if they have any front office. Inform them that you are there for an Interview. Remember, you might be watched out from the moment you step into the office.
- Submit any documents they may ask for.
- Be attentive for your name to be called upon.
- Walk with your back straight.
- Give a firm handshake. That shows your confidence.
- Make sure to maintain an eye contact. That shows you are trustworthy. In case you are being interviewed by a panel, answer to the person who has asked the question and don’t miss the other members. Try to maintain your eye-contact with other Interviewers too.
- Once you hear a question, don’t be in a hurry to answer. Let the interviewer complete the question, take a pause (count 2 seconds – 1,2) then start answering the question. This will give the interviewer an understanding that you have listened to the complete question, understood it and then answering it.
- If you don’t know the answer to any question, don’t bluff or give incorrect answer. People appreciate if you can politely accept that you don’t know the answer. You can say “ Sorry Sir, I don’t know” or “Sorry Sir, i didn’t come across this scenario” etc.,
- Maintain cool and keep smiling through the interview.
- Once the interview is done, say “Thank You” and leave the room.
Many of us forget to do the basic homework before going for an interview. Today, the interviews are not all about your grades and technology knowledge only. You are also tested for discipline, team work, patience and commitment. These are the essentials to work with a team.